State Departments of Agriculture
Each State Department of Agriculture has programs that are ideal for food start-ups in their state. They also are involved with the recruitment of other food manufacturers to relocate to their state as well.
A ‘Made in State’ Program
A number of states have programs where there is a specific website that promotes those brands that are manufactured within that state.
- Made in State Seals: A seal is created that highlights the products made within the state (put on products, websites, store sections and marketing efforts.
- In-State Trade Events: Trade shows for brands and retail customers within the state.
- In-State Consumer Events: Similar to above but for consumers based in that state.
- In-Store Sections: The creation of “Made in State” sections in retailers within that state.
- Exporting Services: In partnership with the government programs promoting state based brands internationally.
- Co-Packer Lists: A list of co-packers within the state.
- Incubator Programs: Access to state based programs.
US Map of State Department of Agriculture Programs
Click on each state to learn more about the State Department of Agriculture programs based there as well any other related promotion programs (non-profit, for profit and state based):